Travis Martin - Associated Content

Friday, October 5, 2007

Online Banking

Online banking has got to be one of the greatest services offered on the internet. It makes paying bills easier than ever before. I admit, I was a little hesitant when I first heard of it. I thought, who would want to trust a computer to take care of their finances. As it turns out, I would.

I have been using my bank's online service for over 3 years now and have had far fewer mistakes than when I was tracking everything myself. At first, I would sign in to my bank's website a few times a month and put in the payments required. Now I do it once a month, and that is only because some of my payments are not able to be directly drafted from my account.


In addition to the ease of check writing; you just choose which bill to pay and enter the amount; I have also applied for loans, credit cards, and account transfers. My favorite thing is still that I no longer write checks, stamp them, put them in the mailbox and hope they get there in time.


Every major bank offers this service. If you are not using your bank's online services, then you are missing out on one of the reasons the internet is so great. Just log on to their site, take the time to enter all of your monthly payees and you will not regret it. Sure it takes a while the first time, but you will soon find that it was worth every second.


T



No comments: