Travis Martin - Associated Content

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dane Cook

Some may not know the name Dane Cook, but they should. If you are a fan of laughing so hard you think you might puke, then this comedian is for you. His timing is perfect, his jokes are relatable to everyone. Sure he can be a bit obscene at times, but that makes it even more funny.

I first saw his act years ago on Comedy Central. You don't often see a stand-up routine on that channel that is very good. His act blew me away. I laughed until I cried. Then I forgot about him until I came upon a rerun of his show about a year later. I was hooked. I got my wife to watch it with me and she laughed as hard as I did. The next thing I knew, I owned two of his concert CD's and set my Tivo to record anything with him in it. I was hooked. He was like crack in the form of a comedian. His jokes were my X.

It's too bad that he had to try and make a film career. So far every movie he has been in has pretty much sucked. Even his Saturday Night Live appearances have not lived up to his potential. That is why I am glad to see he is currently on a stand-up tour.

His tour is called Rough Around the Edges and will be traveling across the country this Fall. You can bet that I will be at at least one of his concerts. If you get the chance, you should make it a point to go as well. Below is a list of his tour dates and a link to his home page:

Date City, St Venue
11/02 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre BUY TICKETS
11/03 Chicago, IL United Center BUY TICKETS
11/04 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center BUY TICKETS
11/07 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center BUY TICKETS
11/08 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena BUY TICKETS
11/09 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse BUY TICKETS
11/10 Cleveland, OH Wolstein Center at CSU BUY TICKETS
11/14 Orlando, FL Amway Arena BUY TICKETS
11/15 Atlanta, GA Arena at Gwinnett Center BUY TICKETS
11/16 Washington, DC Verizon Center BUY TICKETS
11/17 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden BUY TICKETS
11/18 New York, NY Madison Square Garden BUY TICKETS
11/21 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center BUY TICKETS
11/23 Minneapolis, MN Target Center BUY TICKETS
11/24 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills BUY TICKETS
11/25 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center BUY TICKETS
11/29 Seattle, WA KeyArena BUY TICKETS
11/30 Boise, ID Taco Bell Center BUY TICKETS
12/01 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Resort BUY TICKETS
12/02 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center BUY TICKETS
12/05 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion BUY TICKETS
12/06 Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena BUY TICKETS
12/07 Houston, TX Toyota Center BUY TICKETS
12/08 Denver, CO Wells Fargo Theatre BUY TICKETS
12/09 Anaheim, CA Honda Center BUY TICKETS

http://www.danecook.com/

I'll be there. Will you?

T

No comments: