Travis Martin - Associated Content

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Arrogant Worms


The Arrogant Worms are a comedy band from Canada that I recently discovered by accident. I was searching for a Happy Birthday song that would be humorous for my teenager's cell phone, and I came across a download of "The Happy, Happy Birthday Song". It was hilarious.

I decided to further explore their tunes and found that they have a wide variety of songs that are equally funny. "I Am Cow" is a loving anthem of the proud animal we love to eat and wear. "The Assumption Song" leads you to believe they are singing about often immoral goings on, when in fact it is about normal people in normal circumstances. "The Only Gay Eskimo" is a ballad of a figure we hear little about in the Inuit race.

There are scores of other songs that will bring you nearly to tears with laughter. With eleven CD's available, you can imagine the variety of topics they can cover. They are not only very funny, but their musical talent is also obvious. If they had the desire, I am sure they could succeed as a mainstream band. Thankfully for us they choose to make us laugh instead.
I highly suggest you sample their music on itunes, or go to their homepage and order a copy of one of their CD's. Just click on the link below to be directed to their homepage.

Here is a link so you can hear the Happy Happy Birthday song in its entirety.

While you are listening, do not drink any liquid. You run the chance of spitting it out in laughter or having it come out of your nose. Otherwise, enjoy!

T

No comments: