Travis Martin - Associated Content

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site

This Christmas, we are going to be granted the opportunity to see a truly amazing film from Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp. When these two men join forces to make a film, we are never let down. You can visit the official website by clicking on the link above. There you will be able to view the trailer, register for updates, visit the Sweeney Todd MySpace page and much more.

Sweeney Todd is the story of a man who is ripped from his family and wrongfully imprisoned. During his imprisonment, his wife dies and the man responsible for sending him away is attempting to seduce his daughter. When Sweeney returns, he takes his chance to get his revenge on all those he deems responsible.

There is a site where you can post your own acts of revenge. It is called Buzznet. You can post written or video confessions and view other's as well. Just click on Post a Confession and you can join the community.

I remember when I was younger, a little punk at my high school was taunting a girl that I liked. He eventually brought her to tears. I was in another part of the school so I did not hear about it until later in the day. One of my friends asked the girl if she wanted me to pay him back for his deeds. She tearfully said yes. I was already pumped up, so it didn't take much for me to track the boy down. I picked him up by the collar and made sure he knew he was going to be sorry for what he had done. I then kneed him in the groin and threw him to the ground. He came at me and I instinctively threw a punch. I connected with his nose and the snap of it breaking echoed throughout the courtyard we were in. From that point on, everyone knew not to mess with my girl.

These are the kinds of things you can discuss on the website. It is very therapeutic and you should give it a try.

Look for the movie this Christmas. I'll be first in line.

T

visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace



No comments: