Travis Martin - Associated Content

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I Sceam for Ice Cream


A few days ago, I was out driving and I came across something that got me very excited. Bruster's, a local ice cream store in Flowood, MS, had a sign advertising an ice cream eating contest. I am not a heavy eater by any means. In fact, most people assume I eat very little. However, the opposite is true when it comes to ice cream.
I rarely get a brain freeze. When I get a bowl of ice cream it consists of four to five generous scoops. I love ice cream. It is the number one desert in my book.
I wasn't able to get much detail from the employee at the store, so I went to their website, http://www.brusters.com/, and sent an email to the management for details. The store manager, Joe Savage (nsprop2@bellsouth.net), responded quickly and gave me the scoop.
It will be held July 15, 2007 at the Flowood, MS location. Any customer can enter the contest. It is $5.00 for a half gallon of the flavor of your choice (nearly half the regular price). The contest will start between 3-4 pm. The customer to finish their half gallon first wins. "Wins what?" you ask. A year supply of ice cream from Bruster's.
I am definitely going to enter and I would like as many people as possible to come out and try their best to beat me or cheer me on. I am even willing to impart some of my strategy on you.
In my research I have discovered some ways to prevent or quickly disperse brain freeze.
After each bite, push your tongue up to the roof of your mouth. This will help generate heat. Hold your cupped hands in front of your mouth and breathe into them. Tip your head to the side and hold it there for a few seconds. These methods may or may not help you, but it is worth a try. Click on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_freeze to get the whole story on the brain freeze phenomenon.
I am looking forward to seeing lots of people at the big event. Even when you don't win, you'll still have gotten a half gallon of delicious ice cream for half the regular price. Isn't that reward enough?
T


No comments: